I thought that small tax on stock sales didn't make it. I did a search (probably missed it) but, as far as I can tell there is a kindofa tax based on capital gains. I won't even start on capital gains as that one seems to be a seriously moving target and depends on how stuff is setup at the beginning. Trump, for instance, was able to finesse millions out of that one. The last one that amused was incorporating wills and anything paid to folks in the will becomes a clever tax dodge.

I guess I should add that I agree that there is no really simple way to have a fair and equitable tax. I am not sure that there even is such a thing. I do know some of the 1% and their main quibble over taxes is the the utter belief that gov mis-spends ALL tax dollars. If they could be convinced that the money is being spent wisely I suspect they would not be quite so greedy. The problem is the ability of many to demonize just about anything and everything in an effort to gain some kind of recognition in the world of lies and demonization. The other problem is that there are any numbere of people who buy into this garbage. I have no solution for that one.

I have however, suggested that gov take a prime time hour from pbs, on a daily basis, to explain agencies and gov doings to the American public and call for public input. This sort of thing, I believe, might help in some ways and in other ways, especially when they are wasting money, not help that much except to point out error of ways. Right now, gov is just a huge black hole and gov has made absolutely no effort to explain itself to ANYBODY! I also suspect this lack is what drives the drive to earmark taxes.

Last edited by jgw; 11/03/17 08:07 PM.