Originally Posted by chunkstyle
A comedian quipped about the bank bailout of 2009- 'Why didn't the government give PEOPLE the 1 1/2 trillion dollars with the caveat that the money had to be deposited in a bank and only so much could be withdrawn at a time? Banks would get recapitalized, people would not have lost their homes and demand in the economy would have been restored. Why was it given to banks to give themselves pay raises and buy up all the foreclosed homes?'

For me, that wasn't so much a joke but a comparison of an FDR style solution and a neoliberal solution.

That's channeling Will Rogers in 1932:

Originally Posted by Will Rogers
This election was lost four and six years ago, not this year. They [Republicans] didn’t start thinking of the old common fellow till just as they started out on the election tour. The money was all appropriated for the top in the hopes that it would trickle down to the needy. Mr. Hoover was an engineer. He knew that water trickles down. Put it uphill and let it go and it will reach the driest little spot. But he didn’t know that money trickled up. Give it to the people at the bottom and the people at the top will have it before night, anyhow. But it will at least have passed through the poor fellows hands. They saved the big banks, but the little ones went up the flue.

Originally Posted by chunkstyle
I'm not convinced, when given the choice, which way Warren would go. I do know of another candidate's direction and will be rooting for him. He who is a solid second that shall not be named, or if necessary, only in negative framing by the establishment.

If Biden get the nod, I'll join the majority and vote for no one.

That's not what Will Rogers would have done.

"The Best of the Leon Russell Festivals" DVD
deepfreezefilms.com