Originally Posted by Greger
I would add anger or disappointment if that works.
Anger and disappointment are certainly things that would make you want to vote for change. Fear is another.

A lot of people are angry, disappointed, and afraid of Trump winning a second term. Some of them are Republicans. Bernie's early lead says there's excitement on the left...excitement...another reason to vote for change.

I just heard that Biden is currently up by 18 points in South Carolina. Apparently the debate broke his way and spooked off some of Bernie's support.

Let's see if Bernie outperforms the polls. I'm betting he will.

Either the debate broke Biden's way or blacks are returning to him. On 1 Feb Biden had a 18 point lead over Sanders in South Carolina. That shrunk to 3 points on 21 Feb. Blacks, Biden's strength fell from 55% support on 1 Feb down to 37% on 21 Feb. Biden probably regained most of the blacks he had lost back after the debate. Biden's lead is now 11 points.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/e...emocratic_presidential_primary-6824.html

I don't have the updated figures yet, but on 21 Feb among blacks in South Carolina, Biden was the choice of 37%, Steyer 24% and Sanders 17%. Among whites it was Sanders 47%, Warren 24%, Biden 18%.

Blacks are especially important in South Carolina as in 2016 they made up 57% of all the Democratic Primary vote. This may set up a pattern to be followed on Super Tuesday, where there are a lot of black voters, the south, Biden does very good in those states, Sanders not so good. Where the state is mostly white, it's Sanders all the way.

We'll see, It all depends whether or not Biden has regained his once very high black support.

It's high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first instead of their political party. For way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.