My wife went out and bought a pile of face masks yesterday. She likes to be ready.

The simple facts have not changed. The United States, working under jackass Trump, is so far behind the curve its a wonder to behold. We have actually tested, maybe, two hundred people. South Korea is testing 5000 a day! I also read that they have offered to send us 10,000 test kits but we have chosen to do that on our own. The guy in charge figures they can roll out tests in, maybe, two months. It will be interesting. By that time I suspect they will find people in trouble all over the place! The important thing about that is that our genius idiot president Trump has already set it all up so that we will never know.

Its really amazing, our dear leader thinks he can make sure that we will never learn the facts by putting the anti-science guy vice president Mike Pense in charge to make sure of that. I also find it interesting that the Democrats, in their infinite wisdom, have apparently decided to never mention Trump's clever hand in this mess. They hold firm to the Hillary plan (she has been raked over with lies and innuendos for over 30 years and never fought back even once - the woman is a modern saint!) of never rocking the boat and say a mean thing about the opposition. I think the only one to say anything is Bloomberg the hated billionaire who is trying to buy the presidency (basically doing exactly what all the other candidates are doing but is paying for it all himself thereby making sure he will not be beholden to anybody).

It will be very interesting when all of this is over. The market is tanking bigtime, we are being threatened with a world wide epidemic, the Democratic elections for this week and next are, arguably the most important for the Democrats, and a bunch of Shrinks have released a book explaining that Trump is going publicly insane. I think this may qualify as being, perhaps, one of the more entertaining and interesting periods?
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/40698138-the-dangerous-case-of-donald-trump

One can only guess the what the variety of outcomes will result in all of this. It will, however, be a miracle if something just doesn't melt down. As usual, and in the fullness of time .....

Last edited by jgw; 02/28/20 10:54 PM.