Originally Posted by Greger
Not so much for the numbers themselves, but for the trends they point out.

I don't watch the numbers as much as I watch the trends themselves. My goal is to spot the trends before the polls do.
I'm in total agreement. This is why I'm watching South Carolina. The trend there from 1 Feb through 22 Feb was all Sanders. Since 22 Feb it's been all Biden. The question is, is this trend limited to South Carolina with its huge black vote in the democratic primary or is it a beginning nationwide.

Right now it has the look that blacks are returning to Biden to the point where he had 55% support among them nationally on 1 Feb. Whites continue to flock to Sanders. So the effect could be limited to states with a large black democratic primary vote.

We'll know more after South Carolina and Super Tuesday if that is happening. Watch South Carolina, Alabama, Texas, North Carolina, Virginia, Tennessee. What I've been seeing nationally is Sanders is extra strong among whites, strong among Hispanics, weak among blacks.

It's high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first instead of their political party. For way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.