Originally Posted by pdx rick
Originally Posted by Greger
[Voters may hand him the White House in November and depose Trump, but then what? As far as I know, his only real promise is that he will work with Republicans, compromise with Republicans, make the Democratic Party more like the Republican Party and has even said he may choose a Republican running mate.

Yall can keep that sh*t. What it's gonna get ya is a sound defeat by Republicans in 2024.
I wanted real change too, but most Americans want to play it safe like some regular center-rightists aka moderates. Hmm
I agree with playing it safe, also people feeling more comfortable with Biden than Sanders. Also Sanders is kind of a revolutionary howling against the Democratic Party establishment. Remind you of someone else back in 2016 howling against the Republican Party establishment?

I think what's over looked is that 66% of Democrats think Biden can beat Trump vs. 52% that think Sanders could. That ties directly into that 40% of democrats think beating Trump is their number one issue. way more than any other issue on the board to include healthcare, climate change, gun control, etc. Choosing someone who in the Democratic Primary voters eyes stands the best chance of defeating Trump even over rides ideology. My two cents on this anyway.

It's high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first instead of their political party. For way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.