Originally Posted by Greger
Biden and Trump both are for cutting Medicare and Social Security!

Honestly it looks like Trump is doing everything in his power to lose the election and Democrats are trying to force him to win it.

Personal feelings or are numbers in play. As a numbers guy, I'm more interested in independents than Republicans and Democrats. History has shown that on average Republicans and democrats vote for their party's candidate 90% of the time regardless of who that candidate is.

But let's look at swing states, Trump vs. Biden, Trump vs. Sanders. Too early to put much stock in these, but interesting and they might reflect why 66% of democrats think Biden can beat Trump vs 52% that sanders could. I don't have numbers on all swing states, but the one's I do.

Arizona, Biden leading Trump, Trump leading Sanders
Florida, Biden tied with Trump, Trump leading Sanders
Iowa Trump leading both Biden and Sanders
Michigan Both Biden and Sanders leading Trump
Minnesota Both Biden and Sanders leading Trump
Nevada Both Biden and Sanders leading Trump
New Hampshire Trump leading both Biden and Sanders
North Carolina Biden leading Trump, Trump leading Sanders
Ohio Biden leading Trump, Trump leading Sanders
Pennsylvania Both Biden and Sanders leading Trump
Wisconsin Trump leading both Biden and Sanders

As of today, Biden does give the democrats a better chance of winning certain swing states, Arizona, Florida, North Carolina, Ohio. But the general election campaign hasn't kicked in and there's been no personal attacks. Those could change these dynamics. But in almost every swing state, Biden is doing 2-4 points better against Trump than Sanders is.

The national averages it's Biden 50-44 over Trump, Sanders 48-46 over Trump. As of today, numbers say Biden has the best chance of defeating Trump. Come November, no one knows. Things can change in a hurry as proved pre and post South Carolina.

It's high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first instead of their political party. For way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.