Originally Posted by Ujest Shurly
If AOC can continue to be that effective a messenger for progressive politics for, say, the next 40 years, imagine what she'll be able to do. I promise you, the right-wing media has and that's why Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez has them freaked out so badly.

Would we allow another 30 year assault on another female potential candidate?

I think it all depends on who the female candidate is. Would Republican women vote for AOC or Democratic women for Nikki Hailey? No they wouldn't. I don't think even independent women would vote for either of them if the other party had a more moderate candidate running.

The R and the D next to a candidates name, regardless of gender take precedence over who the candidate is among the party faithful. History shows that on average 90% of those who affiliate with either party will vote for their party's candidate regardless of who that candidate is.

So it's left to independents to decide. This time around I think independents would have gone for Klobuchar, Baldwin, Duckworth, a Rosen, but not a Warren or an AOC. The democrats themselves decided a big no on Klobuchar. Ideology plays an important fact in determing who the two major parties nominate. This year the democrats themselves chose two old 78 year old's, white, males.

The first female president will be one who can attract independent voters, either center, center left or center right who's opponent is either very far left or far right. Mark my word on it.

It's high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first instead of their political party. For way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.