Originally Posted by pondering_it_all
Interesting blog:

Vitamin D vrs Acute Respiratory Infections

Very much worth watching, at least the first part. The whole thing is very interesting, if a bit repetitive. It's about a study of studies across many different experiments with Vitamin D supplements. It offers substantial protection from respiratory infections like the ones that Covid-19 gives seriously ill and dying patients.

A lot of the deaths occur not so much because of the virus, but because of the immune response that fills the lungs with fluid. Vitamin D mutes that response. It actually mutes a lot of different inflammatory responses, so it is useful for all sorts of autoimmune diseases. I'm taking about 8000 iu/day for my MS. The doctor blogging is taking about 1000 iu/day. You all should be too!

He says a lot of us are D deficient, and by taking supplements it decreases your respiratory infections by 70%! (But don't go crazy with it: Too much is not healthy.)

Same here. I do not remember the IU of the ones I take but it's pretty good, and I take two a day in the morning, maybe they are the 800 IU pills.
Unfortunately Karen can't take super-dose levels of Vit D because it makes her kidney start making extra crud so she can only take a single 800 IU every other day.
Fortunately, the VA is giving them to her as a prescription, same with the Vitamin C and the Potassium pills.

"The Best of the Leon Russell Festivals" DVD
deepfreezefilms.com