Originally Posted by perotista
Wow, I just stated how it was in a country of approximately 150 million when we were still considered an rural country instead of an urban one. That's a starting point, did we move left from there or did we move right from there? That was the question. A number of posters have posted we went right, I don't think so. We went left and have been going left since FDR. Slow but surely.

Could those same churches, charities, neighbors etc. helping each other out do the same in an urban environment of today with a country of around 330 million? That's probably fantasy to think so. We were much more self, family, community reliant back then. More neighbor friendly and more willing to help one's neighbor.

I just pointed out a starting point for the left or right direction we as a country have taken. Now I know my neighbors would give me help if I needed it, I would help them. How many people today even know their neighbor?

My point is we have definitely moved left, not right. If you think we've moved right, please let me know how. I'm all ears.

I already tried my best.
I think you're maybe a little too focused on sensationalized accounts of whiny loud types who serve as little more than attention whores.
There are PLENTY of those on the Left just as there are plenty on the Right.
Here...here at The Rant, there is absolutely ZERO payoff for a sick old f*** like me, so I assure you I have NO agenda.
So you can be sure that you are speaking to a genuine left leaner.

I am not here to "WIN an ARGUMENT". It won't pay any of my bills.
I am only here to discuss and learn.
If am right on something, then you get to learn something.
If I am wrong on something, then I get to learn something.

Leon Russell once did a song called "Magic Mirror" in which he penned the following phrase:

"The Left ones think I'm Right, the Right ones think I'm wrong."

"The Best of the Leon Russell Festivals" DVD
deepfreezefilms.com