Interesting conversation going on here. One can tell the ideologues from the pragmatist and the ones who achieve the possible and the ones who try to achieve the impossible when it is impossible and be hog tied for the future. Politics is the art of the possible. I said that before, grab the possible and wait until the impossible is possible.

Now Jeff threw me an interesting question I really hadn't thought about. Do I have an agenda. Ever since Reagan my agenda was to get the national debt lowered, then put on a steady downward path. Since neither major party gives a darn about the ever rising debt, they can't help me. So my agenda is to get people elected that I think will provide good governance. Left or right, center, center right, center left doesn't matter.

Actually, my agenda is more along the lines of a political strategist. How to get folks elected and once elected, reelected. How to win the house and senate and how to keep the house and senate. I want to understand the whys and hows, what took place and how defeats or loss of congress could have been avoided.

Issues and policies I take one at a time and decide whether to support or oppose them my own way by not listening to either party's propaganda. Do I deem it good for the country as a whole or bad for the country as a whole. Notice I said as a whole, not just because it's one or the other party's agenda, not just because one party wants it or the other party doesn't. Is it good for the country as a whole. I actually despise both major parties.

My agenda is good governance, keeping this country secure, safe, prosperous and free. That is my agenda. Which party provides that is irrelevant.

It's high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first instead of their political party. For way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.