Originally Posted by Greger
If Democrats had backed off and taken a second run at it after the midterms we might be living in an entirely different world.

You know, I think the numbers back you up on that. But it didn't work out that way, so we'll never know for sure.

By the way, Biden has been declared the winner in both Florida and Illinois. Polls close in Arizona 2200 eastern. With 82% of the precincts reporting in Florida, its Biden 61-23% over Sanders. Biden has nabs 130 delegates to 48 for sanders so far. In Illinois it's Biden 55-40 over Sanders with 11% counted. Delegates 93 Biden, 46 Sanders.

real close to what the polls were showing for the last week.

One of the biggest reason the democrats rushed the ACA through was when Teddy Kennedy died, their filibuster proof majority in the senate vanished. They had to get it through before Scott Brown was sworn in.

It's my understand the bill wasn't ready, still needed a lot of fixing but that the democrats thought they could fix anything wrong with it after it was passed and signed into law. They never dreamed they would lose the house. But putting it off until after the midterms or even in Obama's second term as president certainly would have caused history to be different. The ACA became a rallying cry for Republicans once it passed and it worked. first by the GOP gaining 63 seats in the house, folks forget the democrats also lost 8 senate seats in 2010. Luckily, they had 59, so they still remained in control with 51 until 2014. They lost 7 governors that year and 12 state legislatures switch parties. I'd say that was a bad year election wise.

It's high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first instead of their political party. For way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.