Originally Posted by chunkstyle
Universal health insurance is now popular in the demicratic party. The party has installed a candidate who is publicly opposed to any measure beyond the ACA plan devised by a republican corporate think tank.

How does polling resolve that contradiction?

I agree with Jeff, propaganda, well applied, will always shift polls even temporarily.

Haven't even touched the 'framing' aspect of polling.

It makes no difference who thought it up or even wrote it up. They didn't try to pass it when most Americans were against it and didn't want it. You can even forget all the public opinion polls and just look at the election results for Nov 2010. That is the true opinion poll. 63 seats lost in the House, 8 Senate seats, 7 governorship's lost, 12 state legislatures lost.

It doesn't bother me if you think the ACA was more popular and wanted by the fans of their hometown team winning the Super Bowl. Without the ACA, the Democrats would have still been in full control of congress, both the house and the senate along with the presidency.

I'm not saying the ACA was good or bad, it actually was irrelevant to me. What I'm saying the reason the Democrats took their drubbing in November of 2010 was because they went ahead and passed the ACA which at that time was against the will of the majority of Americans.

It seems no one on this site understands that and comes in with a ton of excuses of how popular or how good or how wanted or who wrote the darn thing and a million other things.

If the people wanted the ACA, they would reelected all those Democrats in November of 2010 that lost. The ACA was the main reason the Democrats lost the House. This is cause and effect. The cause, the ACA, the effect, the huge losses in November 2010.

I'm not here to defend or condemn the ACA, just stating that passing the ACA against the will of the majority of Americans led to the election debacle of 2010 for the Democrats.

Last edited by perotista; 03/18/20 05:17 PM.

It's high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first instead of their political party. For way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.