New York State is now some kind of declared disaster area. 10k cases and rising. Army corp and governor are scoping out temporary hospital sites. All nonessential workers are ordered to stay home.
Unfortunately, construction is considered essential so I’ll be continuing to work.
I’ve been involved in a multi million dollar resort development and their not looking to slow down from what the C of W tells me.
‘If someone gets sick we get someone else’ is the word.
I’m expecting a delivery of a unit of plywood this coming week. I’ve told them I won’t accept the load if the drivers not masked. We’ll see.
Also not cutting plywood for at least three days and will be staying the hell away from it in the shop as it’s coming out of Rochester that is having spiking cases.
A good friend of mine just went over the road to some Gold Coast community in Mass. where he’s to begin demo/construction on a commercial job. Expects to be out for 3 months.
I’m glad all the bullsh!t jobs are at least becoming visible. Sucks that construction, as it relates to retail or hospitality, is considered essential.
As a contractor it is not very clear there will be any assistance from the fed. Just opportunities for loans
Heard the banks are going to get a trillion/day to make sure they’ll come thru.
People, not so much.

Last edited by chunkstyle; 03/22/20 12:14 AM.