Originally Posted by chunkstyle
I’m of the belief that we get to vote on what the party decides, not the other way around.

Trump will no doubt add to the rising mortalities. The overarching state of our medical economy was in place long before Trump got here. One of Trumps campaign promises was to fix healthcare. About as honest as Obama’s pledges in his first presidential campaign.

I hear smoking and obesity are going to be big factors for patient survival rates. As we’re the most obese nation on earth, I’m assuming that will contribute to the mortality rates in a significant way.

I’m bracing for both political parties resolving to make our situation a result of the other faction’s shortcomings while ignoring the broader scientific evidence.

I'm of the same mindset. That both parties will try to make political hay over this in order to gain some political advantages. Although we're seeing some cooperation. So there may be some hope. But I'm use to each party blaming the other for anything and everything that goes wrong or that isn't ideal.

Yeah, we get to vote after the fact on what a political party does or doesn't do. We basically have no say in what a party decides to do or not. All we can do is hope that the party we put back in control isn't as bad as the party we kicked out.

It's high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first instead of their political party. For way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.