Originally Posted by Greger
Now we ended up with two 78 year old white men which it seems no one is happy with except their avid supporters.

Does Biden have an avid supporter?

Biden has dropped the names of several possible running mates and hasn't mentioned Abrams. Nevada Senator Cortez Masto was just mentioned and she comes with Harry Reid's recommendation...that's good enough for me! LOL LOL LOL LOL

LOL, well, avid supporters? I would say so in the black community. Of course all I'm going by is polls since December which showed Biden the first choice among blacks at an average of 55%. I suppose that can be interpreted differently by different folks.

Numbers wise, getting to 270, Masto doesn't help there. Nevada is going Democratic whoever is VP. Although Masto does bring regional balance and an Hispanic aboard the ticket. She could help in states with a large Hispanic population. Texas and Arizona comes to mind. How much, I'd have to do more research.

Numbers wise, the best bet is the trio of Midwestern Women, Klobuchar, Baldwin and Whitmer. All three could deliver their state. Abrams, I still think lack of experience, not having held any statewide office or any mayorship. Although I still think she'd give Biden a 50-50 shot at Georgia where as the other three Midwestern woman would guarantee their state goes Democratic. At least in my mind.

Biden's only real strength is he's seen as the most electable. The one with the best chance of defeating Trump. Perhaps one could say Biden's less avid, enthusiastic voters have swamped the very avid, highly enthusiastic Sanders voters.

It's high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first instead of their political party. For way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.