Job site shut down yesterday. NYS's 'Essential Workers' was revised and now any construction projects not connected to medical, state or Fed contracting is effectively shut down. Gates will be open Monday for crews to pull their tools off the job.

I had ordered a tool trailer last month with a half down deposit. Called the dealer earlier this week and was told nothing was allowed on the road in Indiana without meeting the same requirements as the updated NY essential requirements. Somehow the factory was able to get it's last shipment out, under the wire, and I got informed my trailer made it to NY yesterday. Good deal! I'll still be going as I'm a fabricator and contracts are still valid.

People watching reefer's backed up to hospital loading docks in NYC has created a foreboding broodiness even here in upstate.

I'm lucky to have work and won't need any unemployment benefits. Not really sure how the freelance (gig) workers are going to get any benefits such as myself and the other Sub's on the job. Trillions spent so far, no money getting into anybody's hands except the parasite portion of the economy. No freight is moving on the road around me.

Nobody sick in our community yet.

Last edited by chunkstyle; 03/28/20 06:35 PM.