That was the case in 2016, Hillary's supporters were more ho hum, Trump's supporters were willing to go to the four corners of the earth for him. I think that huge enthusiasm gap had a lot to do with the way Hillary ran her campaign. She was plain lazy. From 1 Sep 2016 through 8 Nov 2016 Trump made 116 campaign appearances, stops, visits, rallies to Hillary's 71. Her 71 looks larger than what it was as it included fund raisers in deep blue California and New York.

In short, Hillary basically ceded the campaign trail to Trump. In the deciding states, Wisconsin it was Trump 5 visits, stops to Hillary's none. Michigan, six for Trump, one for Hillary. Pennsylvania was closer, 8 for Trump, 5 for Hillary. even in electoral rich Florida, Hillary ceded that state to Trump also, Trump 13 stops, visits, rallies to Hillary's 8.

It seemed to me once the general election campaign began, Hillary lost that fire in the belly needed to win. Her laziness along with a very inept campaign strategy gave the election to Trump. My opinion anyway.

It's high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first instead of their political party. For way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.