Originally Posted by Greger
So you're saying that in a few weeks Trump supporters will turn against him because a bunch of people are going to die? I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say nope. They will continue to love and adore him while blaming Pelosi for everything. That's how partisanship works.

Democrats will continue to hate him. Just as Democrats continued to love Obama as he sat on his duff and let the banks take away their homes.
Our politics may be different, but we seem to be kindred spirits in the way we look at things. You're correct, those who love Trump will continue to love him no matter what he does or doesn't do. Those who hate him will always hate him, again regardless of what he does or doesn't do. I suppose one can substitute Democrat for anti-Trumpers and Republicans for pro-Trumpers. At least around 85% of each party.

I tend to gloss over both major parties and go to independents, the less partisan and non-affiliate folks. I study independents as they will generally let you know who wins an election or what those folks who aren't all that partisan think about issues, policy and legislation.

You have a good chunk of this group that are persuadable. That can swing wildly between parties from one election to the next. It's these folks one must convince to vote against Trump. Trumpers never will. On the other side, Trump and company must persuade this group to vote for him as anti-trumpers never will.

Trying to convince Trump supporters to leave him won't work. Just like trying to convince Obama supporters to desert him, didn't happen. But that group in the middle is up for grabs. Concentrate on that group, not the hard core Republicans, Trumpers or democrats, anti-Trumpers.

It's high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first instead of their political party. For way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.