We'll see. Does the Corona Virus mean another 20 years of uninterrupted democratic Party in the future? I highly doubt it. From 1933-1952 you basically had that with the democrats in control of the house, senate and the presidency. You probably would have had another 20 if IKE hadn't run as a republican. But then perhaps not as Truman at the end of 1952 was the most unpopular president in our history. Only Nixon comes close to Trump's very low 22% approval in Nov of 1952. Could be if Taft had won the nomination, he would have won just like IKE. Abet by a smaller margin.

Of course that all happened back in a completely different political era. There really wasn't much difference between the parties with both major parties having their conservative and liberal wings. Being a conservative back then meant that you believed in everything the Democrats did, but only a little less.

You also had years when the Democrats controlled the house with margins like 333-89 and the senate 75-17. There wasn't the hatred between parties even during the depression. This was also an era when 45-50% of the electorate identified themselves a Democrats vs. roughly 30% Republican. That 15-20 point gap between parties is completely gone today. Today both parties are fairly even in affiliation with the non-affiliated towering over both parties.

I do think it is very possible for the democrats to swamp the GOP in November. I also think it possible the GOP recovers in 2022 regaining the house. That the Democrats will do something to make the non-affiliates angry ALA 2010 and lose the midterm. That buffer of 15-20 points isn't there today.

Every event that has happened where deemed game changers by the pundits. But given a couple of weeks to a month after the event or happening, usually things reverted to where they were prior to that event or happening even taking place. Usually, but not always as the Great Depression showed. I highly doubt the Corona Virus will have the effect on folks the Great Depression had.

When a party has total control of government, the other party becomes irrelevant in the voters minds. Non-existent more or less. They either condone or get angry at the party in total control either by that party doing what America as a whole wants and retains the power or going against what America as a whole wishes and they lose. In our current modern era, the party in full control always over reaches and makes those non-affiliated, less to non-partisan voters angry. In an era when those non-affiliated and less to non-partisan voters who owe no party loyalty get angry, that is always bad news to the party in power.

You'll see.

It's high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first instead of their political party. For way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.