Originally Posted by Livetoride
You guys just go back and forth... Truth is, the new deal 2.0 isn't going to happen overnight. The electorate won't support it. Progressives, which I'm on the fringe, must understand their best chance at 2.0 is with the Dems. I see Biden as a nice, calming bridge to get to where many of us want to be. I'm a left leaning Blue Dog. Biden is the person to fill the spot that the Cheeto occupies now. My opinion only.
I agree. I'm not a Republican nor a Democrat. I never have come close to belonging to either party. I'm nothing more than a swing voter who usually splits his vote, no straight party line for me. I go by the candidates, not political party. Biden represents a return to sanity, a return to normalcy. That's enough for me. A calming bridge, that fits. A Bill Clinton type presidency would be ideal for me. Bill ranks behind IKE and JFK on as the best presidents I have experienced. I never voted for Bill, voting for Perot twice, but sometimes it takes the passage of time to appreciate what you had.

I don't want a ton of new programs whatever they are. Just someone to steady the ship. Someone to bring common sense back to government. Nothing more, nothing less. Perhaps 4 years from now I would be open for newer and better things, not now. No way. Let's just get someone in that I would be comfortable as the leader of this nation. Pretty simple.

It's high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first instead of their political party. For way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.