I said numerous times on another site that the Democrats should nominate a fresh young face. That if that fresh young face was from flyover country, so much the better. That wasn't to be. Fresh young faces from flyover country had been successful for the Democrats in the past. Obama, Illinois, Bill Clinton, Arkansas, Jimmy Carter, Georgia. Old politicians not so successful. Hillary Clinton 2016, John Kerry 2004, Al Gore 2000, Micheal Dukakis, 1988, Mondale 1984. JFK was young, although LBJ probably would qualify as an old politician. But death led him to the presidency. Then another old politician lost to Nixon in 1968, Humphrey.

This year we were left with two old white men and an old white woman from the Northeast. Although Buttigieg gave me a bit of hope in Iowa and Amy Klobuchar after New Hampshire.

With all said and done at this point, I'll vote and support Biden. I hope he picks a young fresh face for his VP. Again one from flyover country would be ideal. Regional balance on the ticket.

Biden is far from the choice I had hoped for. But he's the one the Democrats chose. I'm not really enthusiastic about him, but of the choices I do think he stands the best chance of dethroning Trump of those who were left prior to Super Tuesday. Unlike a couple of others, I'm sure Biden will win the independent vote and with the democratic party still being the larger of the two major parties, he'll become our next president.

So how about it old Joe, a fresh young face from flyover country as VP. One you can groom for 2024?

It's high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first instead of their political party. For way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.