Originally Posted by pondering_it_all
Did you get either a test

Yes, but the test didn't pickup any virus. That was the very first day of testing by my health care provider, and I was already feeling a bit better. So it's quite possible there was no virus left in my nose. Early on PCR tests were running 30-40% false negatives. They have to really dig in to get a good sample. Now they say if the patient isn't crying, you didn't go far enough in.

I had some symptoms the doc thought were not Covid-19 at the time. Now we know better. My symptoms were a common set for some patients.

No antibody test so far. If they want me for this study, I think that would be the first thing they do.

ArcPoint Labs in Santa Fe Springs did my antibody test and I think it returned a false negative. I really have had pneumonia, flu, bronchitis quite a few times in the last decade or so and what I went through was unlike anything I've ever had in my entire life.

I am not prepared to spend another eighty-five bucks to get another test though. I am not broke but we can use the money for other stuff, and I am still following all the precautions and staying home other than to go to the gas station where I get everything through the window with gloves and a mask on, and I am wiping stuff down before opening anything.

In order for my badly screwed up nose to let me breathe at night, I have to jam my nose drops on a cotton swab almost all the way back to my naso-pharynx anyway, so I know of what they speak when they talk about how uncomfortable the swab test is.

I don't have a sleep apnea airway constriction problem, I have a nose problem! My nose hates me.

"The Best of the Leon Russell Festivals" DVD
deepfreezefilms.com