Originally Posted by Jeffery J. Haas
Originally Posted by perotista
My grand daughter who was going to Kennesaw State back in 2016 was an avid Sanders supporter. When he didn't get the nomination, she refused to vote. The way she put it, she couldn't support the racist Trump nor could she support Wall Street Hillary. She stayed home. For her and for many Sanders supporters it was Sanders or no one.

I imagine it's the same today...(SNIP)

You don't have to imagine. Query your granddaughter and ask if she intends to do the same this time around. At least you will know if one person's principles have been shattered enough by the Horror of Trump to change her mind.

I say "principles" because Trump has shattered mine so thoroughly that I cannot even begin to imagine handing him a victory.

No, she's out of college, got a job, married, has a daughter and has lost all interest in politics. It was probably peer pressure at college that made her a Sanders supporter.That was the in thing or the fad back then.

It's high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first instead of their political party. For way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.