Originally Posted by pondering_it_all
Interesting video on Youtube today. The Peak Prosperity pathologist looked at the actual risk of hydroxychloroquine, and he found nothing but a lot of hype. No data at all. No risk numbers to make an informed decision on. What he did find is tons of pre-covid19 web pages promoting the use of hydroxychloroquine for malaria control. Including FDA recommendations that never mention anything about heart problems. We've been using chloroquine for over 70 years now, in the millions of doses. You'd think somebody would notice if people were dropping dead on it. Maybe put a little note on the "common side effects" list!

I think we are being hornswaggled here by Big Pharma again. Nobody can make a dime off a 70 year old drug that costs a few pennies. Somebody needs to publish real QT elongation data, and somebody needs to do a real double-blind random drug trial that gives patients hydroxychloroquine and zinc versus placebo tablets, as soon as they detect any symptoms. And please, leave out the azithromycin: That is known to cause QT elongation and lists hydroxychloroquine as a known drug interaction risk.

In fact hydroxychloroquine has been used so much for so long that I suspect more danger of heart problems comes from azithromycin and Covod-19 than from hydroxychloroquine.

I saw a discussion about it in Military Times, I believe it was.
I should have bookmarked it because VA was saying that some vets who used it reported some bad side effects, not all having to do with heart issues either.

I'll have to go look for it again.

"The Best of the Leon Russell Festivals" DVD
deepfreezefilms.com