Originally Posted by pondering_it_all
Got my results back today: NEGATIVE Which means either I had something awfully flu-like, but not influenza A or B. Or I did have a mild case of Covid-19 but didn't make any IgG antibodies. This is the phenomenon called "failed to seroconvert" by some researchers. Either way, I get to hide out until we have a vaccine. Once I get vaccinated and wait a month, I can try again and see if I make any IgG.

Dr. Fauci was on CBS today, to tell us they did see some difference in a big remdesivir trial. It shortened recovery time by a few days, but with p < 0.001. That's gold-standard. So it does do some good, for some people. Now the big questions are how much does it cost and how much can they make quickly?

We should have some decent trials on hydroxychloroquine + zinc, ivermectin, and pepcid soon. They do have the advantage of being very cheap and highly available. If the 10 cent generic works as well as the $$$$ remdesivir, then it would be very nice. Especially for people in the Third World.

One thing to keep in mind: Antivirals only work if you give it early as possible. So they would have to give it to EVERYONE who has any symptoms, even if most would not need it.
First, a Pasteur study which has been narrowly reported elsewhere, identified a 4th relative of the COVID-19 circulating in France prior to the outbreak, and non-Wuhan sourced (as far as they can tell). That shows the not-surprising reality that there are other coronavirus relatives circulating around the world that also have the potential to become outbreaks. I wonder if what you got was one of those, but too distant a relative to show up on the test. Some of these relatives are known to be more gastro-centric rather than pneumo.

Second, I have been researching and perseverating about the population that doesn't produce IgG antibodies, as you note "This is the phenomenon called "failed to seroconvert" by some researchers." How big is this population? We need to know that. Testing, testing, testing.

Finally, I am excited about the remdesivir results. It will probably only be a stop-gap until a better, more specific anti-viral is developed.