Originally Posted by rporter314
Do yo have a link to the 5.7 estimate?
Coronavirus outbreak likely to go on for two years, scientists predict a news article but relevant source
Originally Posted by from previous citation
Covid-19′s R0 has been estimated between 1.4 and 5.7 in various studies — but CIDRAP noted a rating was difficult to establish due to variations in identifying and testing infected people between regions.

here is something more to the point
What Is R0? Gauging Contagious Infections
Originally Posted by from above citation
The R0 for COVID-19 is a median of 5.7, according to a study published online in Emerging Infectious Diseases. That’s about double an earlier R0 estimate of 2.2 to 2.7

both articles contain links to other source materials.

Thanks. Today I saw an article (lay press, not a scientific paper) saying that the virus has already mutated and the new strain is the one with the high R0. Whether this is true or not I don't know because I didn't explore the source, and again, it was a lay press article and the lay press often misinterprets scientific papers.

Last edited by GreatNewsTonight; 05/06/20 04:48 AM.

Please take COVID-19 seriously; don't panic but don't deny it; practice social distancing (stay 6ft from people); wash your hands a lot, don't touch your face, don't gather with too many people, so that you help us contain it.