Originally Posted by Greger
So, I get the feeling that you are generalizing...

I reckon if you take enough pills you don't really need food at all.

And it's surely far healthier since perfect control can be achieved.

You wanna beef up your zinc? Eat more beef.

Hey, beef is in short supply! They are rationing it in grocery stores near me!

Zinc capsules are the next best thing.

For someone who has just literally consumed a bag of Doritos Spicy Nacho-flavored chips washed down with a hefty dose of scotch whisky on the rocks, I'd say that in the midst of all this unwise feeding practice, it's kind of wise to swallow a few supplements too.

But no, I'm not generalizing. I'm perfectly aware that I should say to people, "do what I say, not what I do." I'm not a healthy eater. And yes, of course I should be doing better.

But what I'm saying is that taking some zinc (which does have virus replicating inhibition properties) in the middle of a freaking dangerous viral pandemic makes sense.

Like I said, this wouldn't be valid outside of the pandemic, so, no, it's not a generalization.

It's much more of a generalization to say "85% of immunity comes from gut bacteria, supplements aren't absorbed, and you can get everything from your balanced food" which are statements that are all three, sorry, just not true.

85% of your immunity comes from gut bacteria = preposterous. A small role is played by gut bacteria against other bacteria; good intestinal flora prevents pathogens from running wild and causing diarrhea, but from that to assume that it's 85% of all the immune system which acts against very different bacteria, viruses, cancers, etc., sorry, but it is utterly preposterous.

Supplements aren't absorbed = not true. Rising blood levels prove that they are.

You can get everything from a balanced diet = not true. Vitamin D, for example, is not absorbed through diet but rather through the effect of sunlight on the skin.

So, no, I'm not the one generalizing. You are.

Please take COVID-19 seriously; don't panic but don't deny it; practice social distancing (stay 6ft from people); wash your hands a lot, don't touch your face, don't gather with too many people, so that you help us contain it.