Originally Posted by Greger
All that because I forgot to put the generalizing sentence in quotes.

My bad, sorry.

Even those Doritos might deliver some zinc. It's that easy to come by nutritionally. I'm about to cook up some carrots and kale and make Auntie Fee's chicken wings. All of which will deliver zinc, While I'm cooking it I'll snack on Fritos dipped in Dukes Mayonaise.

You're taking a healthy(ish) dose of zinc but you can rest assured than many will be taking megadoses in the belief that more is better.
I remember when megadoses of vitamin C were the go to whenever you got a cold, then somebody said it was zinc, we all got on the zinc bandwagon. The president said drink bleach and they did! They injected fish tank cleaner and died. Everything that boosts immunity and treats other vial infections is being thrown at Covid. Nothing yet has proven effective. Even this latest one is no magic bullet.

OK, but have you read the 13-page protocol? The author doesn't say it's proven; he says there is a chance that it might make some difference. He says in any case it is harmless (unlike Trump's Lysol IV injections), cheap, and wildly available. And it's not Dr. Donald J. Trump, it is actually a chief of service in a bona fide American medical school, who wrote up this protocol that makes a lot of sense, based on the latest research (I've been following part of it, and what he says does make sense).

This is hardly bleach in your veins and UV lights up your butt by Dr. Trump. This is a complete, phase-by-phase treatment recommendation based on the little scientific evidence that is already in, by a Critical Care chief of service. This is not some quack doctor or some "stable genius" who thinks he knows better but has no clue. This is a real clinician with advanced expertise.

Yes, I do trust this information.

No, more is not better, and you can see that I'm not a subscriber to more is better, by the fact that I mentioned to pondering_it_all that Vitamin D above a level of 75 increases calcium deposit in arteries, and by the way, increases overall mortality. Vitamins A, D, E, and K are the ones that can be toxic in excessive doses.

Last edited by GreatNewsTonight; 05/10/20 12:04 AM.

Please take COVID-19 seriously; don't panic but don't deny it; practice social distancing (stay 6ft from people); wash your hands a lot, don't touch your face, don't gather with too many people, so that you help us contain it.