Originally Posted by pdx rick
they simply tested positive which they will due to having the antibodies in their immune system.

Hmm

You seem to be mixing up antigen and antibody tests.

Antigen tests like the PCR indicate acute, current infection.
Antibody tests indicate past infection.
A person who recovered from the disease should have a negative antigen test and a positive antibody test.
--------
I hadn't read the article, just reacted to the posting. Now I did.
It doesn't seem like the people who retested positive after recovery were the same ones who presented with new symptoms.

So, this could be what has been described elsewhere: antigen tests still pick up dead virus materials being eliminated by recovered people. If that's what it is, then it isn't scary.

The article is poorly written and ambiguous. Whoever wrote it doesn't seem to understand the issues either.

--------

This is likely to be a better article on the issue of re-infection, but it's behind a paywall, for me too. If someone here has a subscription to The Wall Street Journal, the person might read it and tell us what it says:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/can-you-get-covid-19-twice-11589388593

Last edited by GreatNewsTonight; 05/17/20 03:14 PM.

Please take COVID-19 seriously; don't panic but don't deny it; practice social distancing (stay 6ft from people); wash your hands a lot, don't touch your face, don't gather with too many people, so that you help us contain it.