I have always been amazed at how we, as a nation, has dealt with Covid-19 It seemed so simple! There would be two tests. The first to tell if you had it or able to pass it. The second tells whether you have had it and have the anti-bodies to prove it. If you were infected go home and hole up, if you are sick get to a hospital. If you didn't have it then get tested every week. In all cases wear a face mask.

Then EVERYBODY gets tested. Since these test were modern and give virtually immediate results everybody would know whether they have had it and were safe or they either had it or didn't have it. Each would be treated differently. The first has been covered. The Second means you are really unlikely to be infected again and you have the antibody to prove it. You can now do whatever you want. You can no longer pass it on (give it to somebody else) and you can't get it again. So you can goto work, goto a bar for a drink, whatever.

What we did was, first, make sure nobody could get any tests. If any tests were available they might, or might not, work. In all tests there is a little problem - takes anywhere from a week to months to get the results of your test (at which point you will need another, especially if its the one to tell if you are infected (I think the second, blood dependent test will tell you that too). In any case make sure that there is ALWAYS a shortage of tests so that all the rest will not work, thereby destroying any real capacity to deal with Covid-19 with any degree of competence and efficiency. This is, pretty much, where we are now at.

It may be of passing interest that our county health department has reserved our movie theater parking lot to setup public testing. The only problem is that our county health department doesn't have any tests to test with. All tests reside at the hospital so that anybody that needs a test gets one. Them that just want to know their status, whether they have been infected and have antibodies, and whether they can goto work and get on with their lives, cannot get tested for that as that is reserved for the ill (I think).

My county now has 21 cases, 19 of which survived. I think we have 3 new ones in the last couple of weeks and they were all infected outside the county.

Oh, on the interesting side the governor sends me a series of emails, every day. It tells me what they have done, what they might do, and various figures, lists, and graphs. In addition, for no reason I know, I also get a list of state healthcare workers who have lost their licenses for usually drugs, sometimes sex (sometimes VERY strange), failure to have a license, or losing same). There is also always information as to how to tell him your thoughts (which I always thought was a little dangerous and odd)

Anyway............