Originally Posted by pdx rick
Originally Posted by perotista
Right, wrong or indifferent, history shows whenever you have riots and looting as we have going on now, it always benefits the law and order candidates.
Law and Order Presidents don't accept help from Russia to win elections. Law and Order Presidents don't ignore subpoenas.

smile
You're ignoring the historical perspective that I placed my post in. One thing one needs to realize is politics, candidates, is all about perspectives. Personal perspectives. History shows that such things as riots and looting for whatever cause, that benefits law and order candidates.

Most don't follow through. Rhetoric is enough. You don't like rioting and looting in your city, vote for me. I'll bring law and order to the streets.

Or it could be, vote for me, my opponent supports the looters. Something akin to that which, mark my word, will garner some support. That has always worked to a degree in the past, I don't see it failing this time.

To place all of this into the proper context, one must look at it as America as a whole, all Americans and not just from one political view point which could be just a small faction of America or a large one.

with the rioting going one, sure, Trump can portray himself as a law and order president through rhetoric only. He doesn't have to do a thing. For those who want the looting and rioting stopped, what he says could be enough to convince them that he is their man.

But this rioting probably has taken place too far out from the election to have any lasting effect. It's seems to me every political pundit out there classifies any event, happening as a game changer. 90% of the time, it isn't. sure the numbers go up during and right after the event, but 2 weeks, a month later, they all return to where they were prior to the so called game changing event even happening.

It's high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first instead of their political party. For way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.