It is said that for every action, there is a reaction. What that reaction will be is based on the perceptions of each individual what the original action was that deemed the need for a reaction.

I think the initial reaction to the death of George Floyd by the kneeling cop was for most, that's horrible. The reaction for blacks in Minneapolis was a protest which eventually spread across the nation. The protest resulted into violence, arson, looting, riots. Now the original death is long forgotten by most, fixated with the images of the latest action, the riots, the looting, the arson.

We had an action replaced by a reaction, replaced by another reaction and then another reaction. It is the last images that is retain in most folks minds. Not the first action. I think the feeling of it's horrible when referring to the death of George Floyd has now been replaced, almost completely by these riots are horrible. That is outside of a few, a small segment of our population.

Will Trump benefit from the riots? Certainly he will. I believe that benefit will be short lived, but he will improve in the polls. For most people, it won't be the death of Mr. Floyd that will be remembered, it will be the riots, the looting, the arson.

It's like the kneeling of Colin Kaepernick, most don't remember the reasons why he knelt, only the fracas about kneeling during the national anthem. Even I couldn't remember what it was Kaepernick was protesting by kneeling until I googled it. But I do remember the uproar about the kneeling during the national anthem. I would wager once all the dust settles on the present rioting, it will be the rioting that is remembered by most, the cause long forgotten.

It's high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first instead of their political party. For way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.