Originally Posted by Greger
That's a good point. I see politics through a Marxist lens. A game being played out exactly as Marx predicts. And as frustrating as Lenin learned. In that theater Stalin was their Trump. The Wiemar's had their Hitler. Some guy always comes along to f*ck things up.

But I'm also a realist...we got Joe Biden we gotta work with Joe Biden.

He literally might be the best guy for the job at this time in history.
Someone to tone down the rhetoric and put things back together.

He just might be. Right now I think we're, at least those of us somewhere in the middle, in-between where the two major parties are politically these days, we want a return to saner times, a return to normalcy. Just get this schoolyard bully with his childish antics and behavior out of the White House.

Joe Biden seems to be the only adult in the room. The best hope. At this time in 2016 we had 15% of the electorate choosing or saying they would vote third party in November. That number is down to 4% today. In other words a lot of those third party voters in 2016 have come in on the side of Biden raising his lead from 5 points up to 9 points over the last three weeks. Trump's perceived ineptness on handling the CoronaVirus along with his distasteful personality have moved those out of the third party column into Biden's. The only adult who seems better equipped to handle the situation.

It's not that Republicans are deserting Trump, at least not yet. 91% say they'll vote for Trump. 88% did so back in 2016. It's those who voted third party angry as all get out at the choices provided in 2016 by both major parties, they have decided to enter back into the fray and or choose a horse in the race this time. Not to vent their frustrations and anger at who the two major parties choose. We're talking some 9 million voters, no small group.

They're motto, ADULT 2020.

It's high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first instead of their political party. For way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.