Originally Posted by pdx rick
Originally Posted by pondering_it_all
...I don't know how many Independents favor lifetime dictatorship, but it can't be many.
We'll have to check-in with perotista on that one. coffee

That question as far as I know has never been asked of independents. I receive around 10 major polls every week from major polling firms, I've never seen that question.

I can tell you this, not many independents are fixated on the November election as of yet. That's normal for any election this far out. Although they express their view of like, dislike of Trump. YouGov asks that question. According to them as of 14 July 9% of independents like Trump a lot, 12% like Trump somewhat, 9% dislike him somewhat and 41% dislike him a lot, question 83.

https://docs.cdn.yougov.com/hpupr0zhkl/econTabReport.pdf

For comparison, Biden, Question 92. Biden Likability - Regardless of whether you agree with him, do you like or dislike Joe Biden as a person? 9% of independents like him a lot, 19% like Biden somewhat, 9% dislike Biden somewhat, 21% dislike Biden a lot. Total likes are close between both Biden and Trump with Biden having a slight edge. But in dislikes, the dislike a lot column, Biden is much lower with 21% vs. trump 41%.

That last one means a lot as voters to include independents usually don't vote for someone they dislike. Now I haven't seen a question as of yet about those voters who disliked both candidates as was published by Gallup in 2016. But I think that is coming. But like I said, it's early, most independents haven't tuned into the presidential election yet. Way too many other things going on. It usually isn't until around the first part of October that independents start paying attention. In a normal year.

It's high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first instead of their political party. For way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.