Originally Posted by Greger
Yeah, I'm a white nationalist too. Obama could have been great.
But he was about the milquetoastiest oatmeal sandwich that ever sat on the throne.

He's a great man. But politically he was a coward.

Shoulda went low a few times. He didn't stand up for the public option in the ACA. He wasn't really in favor of same sex marriage either, Biden talked him into his grudging support of it.

I wanted him to be great. I hoped for change.
I think with the super majorities Obama had his first two years, he could have gotten anything he wanted through congress. He chose to let it be one thing, the ACA. Perhaps two if you count his stimulus package. Then six years of battling to retain the ACA, basically as I stated, a caretaker outside of the EO route.

It wasn't Obama's first two years that made him average in my book, it was his last six. Perhaps healthcare was that important to him that he was willing to give up getting much of anything accomplished during his last six. Or it might have been he and all other Democrats never saw 2010 coming. After all, the Democrats had a 257-178 margin in the House. The GOP needed a net gain of 40 seats to regain the house. No one envisioned 63. That 63 seat loss is the most seats lost since the 1932 election when the GOP lost 101. But even 1932 was outdone by the 1894 election when the Democrats lost 105.

Yeah, I agree Obama could have been great, but those last six caretaker years makes him average.

It's high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first instead of their political party. For way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.