I was a John McCain supporter in 2008 and didn't really care who won on the Democratic side. Now I sure wouldn't call Trump charismatic. Just the opposite. More of a schoolyard bully, a spoiled brat among other things. From what I can tell, come up with, about the only reason Trump won the GOP nomination he was viewed as a fighter. A lot of republicans were really peeved at the GOP house for not stopping Obama cold, from not taking over the reigns of government, something totally impossible. I thought they were very stupid with that idea. The GOP didn't have the numbers, but that meant nothing to them. Reality had left the boat and drowned.

Beating Hillary, it was independents that did that. They sure didn't like Trump, 57% of them viewed him negatively. But they disliked Hillary even more, 70%. Questions 10 & 11.

https://d25d2506sfb94s.cloudfront.net/cumulus_uploads/document/l37rosbwjp/econTabReport_lv.pdf

The dislike of both was so high that in the end, some 9 million independents voted against both by casting a ballot for a third party candidate. Trump certainly wasn't charismatic. Obama was, Bill Clinton was, so too Reagan. JFK perhaps the most charismatic of the lot. At least in my time. IKE wasn't really charismatic, but everybody liked IKE.

I miss the old TV political ads like that one. But no, Trump is/was anything but charismatic. The total opposite. He was one lucky SOB to go up against a candidate viewed as aloof and as elitist by a majority of Americans. A candidate that was lazy and ran the most inept campaign I have seen this side of G.H.W. Bush 1992 run. I think the difference is folks viewed Bush's campaign as a I don't care if I win campaign, that is until the last two weeks of the campaign when he really got into it. By that time it was too late. With Hillary, it was like she thought the election was in the bag, guaranteed. Just my opinion.

Last edited by perotista; 08/04/20 08:10 PM.

It's high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first instead of their political party. For way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.