I totally agree, Biden's VP pick has the possibility to make or break him especially because of his age and what seems a lack of vitality. The question is does Biden concentrate on the progressive wing in choosing his VP, a wing that is going to vote for him anyway, perhaps add a point or two to his popular vote total. Or does he take independents into consideration, make a pick that would be attractive to them. A pick with the idea of winning the independent vote which according to Gallup and Pew Research make up 40% of the electorate today.

I do think most have forgotten it wasn't the progressive wing or Sanders supporters that cost Hillary the election. It was independents which she totally ignored. Independents put Trump in the White House especially when it came to the three deciding states which in all three Democrats had at least a 10 point advantage in Party affiliation. Trump won the independent vote in Pennsylvania 48-41, in Michigan 52-35 and in Wisconsin 50-40. Nationwide it was 46-42 Trump over Hillary with 12% voting third party against both major party candidates.

Yes, I do think the right choice could lock up independents, the wrong choice would send some who now say they'll support Biden back to Trump or into voting third party once again. Very important, indeed.

It's high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first instead of their political party. For way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.