Originally Posted by Greger
"25% in U.S. Say Neither Candidate Would Be a Good President"
And they would be right. We have sufficient proof that Trump is a terrible president. Biden might be the best guy for the job right now because he's just a placeholder with no chance of a second term. I don't think Biden will be a bad president...I just don't think he will be a good one.

This place is addictive.

It's a shame more haven't stuck around. We don't have an admin anymore so we can't accept any new members and I'm not going to do it. Three in a row died and the last one went crazy.
I think after Trump, a caretaker or a place holder is exactly what most Americans want. Someone to bring sanity and normalcy back to the country and having a president who will actually act like a president instead of a WWE wrestler in a pre-fight interview to the white house.

I don't think at least for the first couple of years most Americans want a ton of new programs. They just want a chance to get back into their comfort zone which Trump took them out of. Not by his programs or policies, but by his unruly and very distasteful behavior. By his childish antics of throwing temper tantrums, calling other names, being the third grade schoolyard bully.

Pushing a bunch of new programs through in the first two years would be a bad political mistake in my opinion. The country as a whole isn't ready for that. This election so far has been all about getting rid of Trump, not electing Biden or Democrats. But I fear the Democrats, especially in congress won't see it that way, they'll take it as a mandate for a host of new Democratic programs and not as an election to get rid of Trump and company. If the Dems don't pay heed, another 2010 will be the most likely outcome for 2022.

It's high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first instead of their political party. For way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.