So far the Dems have been doing pretty good. They have encouraged Trump to keep on running his mouth and turning off supporters and they have also pretty much shut down the more mouthy of the so-called progressives so as not to offend the middle too much. Trump is tough! He has at least 30% of the voting public as a VERY SOLID base. I sincerely hope the Dems win and win big! All they really have to do is watch their mouths which it seems they are doing. If the Dems win they will certainly have their work cut out as there is a LOT to fix!

My wife has been glued to the so-called Democratic convention every night. I run and hide. I know how I am going to vote so I don't need any inspiration. She also knows but wants the inspiration (worked for the DNC when she was in college - political science and hooked on politics). I guess my only quibble with it all is that they are not really hitting as hard as he deserves to be hit. Obama, I am told, did a fair job of it but, for the most part, Trump is being almost ignored. Nobody, for instance, even bothers to mention that Americans are no longer welcomed in most of the world, including Canada and, now, even Mexico! We are also the laughing stock of the world. There are a bunch of details but those two thing kinda define it all. We have a president who publicly, and with some vigor, pointed out he is responsible for NOTHING! He REALLY needs to go and, hopefully, it can be done without a civil war which, I also believe, he is actually capable if he thinks he can pull it off.