I've always been in favor of repealing the 22nd amendment. As soon as any president is elected to a second term, he's a lame duck. But I do think the people should decide whether or not they want a president for a third time around. Those who might have ran for a third term and been successful include Eisenhower, but his health problems, heart attacks would have prevented him from doing so. Reagan also had his health problems, Alzheimer. Neither IKE nor Ronnie would have sought a third term.

Bill Clinton, he was healthy, fit, but I think too many scandals and womanizing would have brought him defeat. Obama if he wanted it, a third term was his. So just 4 presidents since the 22nd was passed would have qualified to run for a third term, 2 wouldn't have for health reasons, although both IKE and Reagan would have been granted a third term by the people if they ran. I don't know or have any idea of Bill Clinton or Obama would have sought a third term. Nonetheless, I'm still in favor of repealing it.

It's high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first instead of their political party. For way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.