I think we have to disagree about Trump having charisma. The definition of Charisma is exercising a compelling charm which inspires devotion in others.

Trump was in no way charming. Obnoxious, uncouth, egotistic among other adjectives come to mind.

Then I found this: a special power that some people have naturally that makes them able to influence other people and attract their attention and admiration:

Perhaps with so many devoted to him, number two may apply. There were other definitions with magnetic personality, etc. I suppose charisma like so many other things is seen in the eye of the beholder. Now JFK, Reagan, Bill Clinton and Obama I would classify as charismatic, they meet my definition of being charismatic, but not Trump.

As for Hillary, you may have hit it on the head. She had no charisma, no personality trait that made people want to follow her to the moon and back. Trump's supporters were willing to go to the four corners of the earth for him. The three words I heard most often in how Hillary came across during her campaign were aloof, elitist and fake.

Now there could have been something else also, perhaps people like her in a subordinate roll. As first lady, as senator from New York, as secretary of state. But not as the head honcho, the boss. Bill put her in charge of health care, then viola, 1994 happened and Democrats lost control of the house for the first time in 40 years. As secretary of state, she was doing President Obama's foreign policy directives and wants. I'm not going to say anything about her being a senator, she's from New York, me, from Georgia. New Yorkers seemed to like her.

By this I mean as a military man for example, I knew many Lieutenants that were very good getting instructions/orders from the CO and following through with those orders/instructions. The old I want this done and the LT's would make sure it was done. But I sure wouldn't want them to be in charge of the company where they were deciding what needed to be done and what not was to be done. Having them being the ones who decided what orders to issue and what ones not to, what tactics to use and what tactics not to use, ditto for strategy.

They were great number two's, but I'd never want them in the number one position.

It's high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first instead of their political party. For way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.