I think political ideology and party loyalty triumphs gender. I don't think most democrats would vote for a conservative woman if the GOP nominated one or vice versa. History shows most party members vote for candidates of their party regardless of gender and I will add race to that.

I'd like to give you the breakdown of independents men vs women on the favorable/unfavorable view of both candidates, but the polls never broke them down by party and gender. The polls showed nationally, male and female with out party affiliation. But under party affiliation, it wasn't broken down into male and female, they were all lumped together.

Nationally is the best I can do.
males Hillary Clinton 38% favorable/61% unfavorable
Trump 41% favorable/57% unfavorable
Females Hillary Clinton 47% favorable/52% unfavorable
Trump 36% favorable/64% unfavorable

Final election results
males Trump 52-41 over Clinton
females Clinton 54-41 over Trump

With the numbers in the post above, party affiliation was decisive. Democratic men and women voted for Hillary. Republican men and women voted for Trump. Regardless of gender, party affiliation and I'll add ideology wins out.

Averaging out the elections from 2000-16 men averaged 52% republican/42% Democratic. Females averaged 54% Democratic/45% Republican. So the male vote in 2016 matched the 5 election average almost to a tee. The female average voting for Hillary was exact, but the female vote for Trump was 4 points below the 5 election average. They probably voted third party.

Last edited by perotista; 08/23/20 04:13 AM.

It's high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first instead of their political party. For way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.