I like you, always associated charisma with good. But there were a lot of bad folks who were charismatic, Hitler and Mussolini come to mind. Then there was Jim Jones who's charisma lead over 900 people to take their own lives including the lives of their children. But I think these people are looking for something in these folks that the rest of us aren't.

What I noticed about Trump and the GOP before the primaries began, a lot of Republicans were attracted to him because he was a fighter. A lot of Republicans were mad at their own members of congress. Especially those in the House. Some for unknown reason which makes no sense to me, after the GOP retook the house in 2010 they expected the House to govern this nation and to stop Obama cold. When the House couldn't accomplish what they wanted, a lot of Republicans turned on them. Trump became very attractive to them, perhaps only because he came across as a fighter, someone who would take no bull, a feud creator who went after anyone and everyone who ever spoke bad about him.

One has to remember that until Trump clinched the nomination, he was winning primary after primary with but 30-35% of the Republican vote. He was winning because of the extra large field of candidates and when it became clear Trump might win the nomination, the narrowed field couldn't decide on one of them to oppose Trump.

Being a fighter was enough, Trump doesn't have a political ideology and he isn't a loyal party man. He expects loyalty from others but gives none in return. Trump is for Trump and nothing else.

To be honest, when it became clear that Trump was going to be the Republican nominee. This became clear to me right after the New Hampshire primary when Christie destroyed Rubio and none of the debaters when after the then leader, Trump. I thought, "Oh boy, the Democrats will waltz into the White House."

Then the Democrats nominate Hillary Clinton, someone as disliked by American's as a whole, all America as Trump was. I remember thinking, that was a huge mistake, although I always thought she'd win. I resigned myself to four years of Hillary only because the Republicans had nominated Trump. The warning signs were there, a big one in February of 2016 when a poll revealed 56% of all Americans wanted the Democrats to nominate someone other than Hillary. The dissatisfaction of a majority of Americans with Hillary was apparent and front and centered. Yet, totally ignored by the Democrats.

But the rest is history, a party loyalist or an avid supporter of any candidate can't ever understand how one could support someone else or the other party. That's the nature of the game.

It's high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first instead of their political party. For way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.