Originally Posted by pdx rick
Originally Posted by perotista
Whites have voted Republican 54% in 2000, 58% in 2004, 55% in 2008, 59% in 2012 and 57% in 2016. Trump's 57% was right on average with the last 5 elections.
That would be consistent with the percentage of bigoted and racist white nationalists in America. smile

So around 57% of all white people are bigoted and racist nationalist if I got your meaning right. Perhaps those who are conservatives are also bigoted, racist, nationalist because they aren't liberal or have a differing political philosophy.

Then what about the average of 9% of blacks, of the 33% of Hispanics and the 40% of Asians who also voted Republican on average over the last 5 election cycles? Are they also bigoted, racist, nationalists?

Or could it be that people have differing views on politics, different ideologies and philosophies? What about self interest voting, voting for folks who you think will help you in the issues that are most important to you?

I'm more or less a swing voter, voting for candidates from both parties and I'm white. Since I have voted for 3 Republican presidents out of the last 5, does that make me a bigoted, racist nationalist?

Perhaps I must be, I voted for Republicans, I'm white and I'm from Georgia. No doubt about it.

Last edited by perotista; 08/23/20 08:35 PM.

It's high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first instead of their political party. For way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.