Why wouldn't it be? I've been military almost all my life. 21 years active duty, another 26 as a department of the army civilian. It's not the military that's responsible for its bloated budget as you put it. Try congress. They use the military as a civilian jobs creator and maintainer. You could easily cut 100 billion from the military budget if congress stopped that. It wouldn't hurt national defense or security one bit. But congress has always made the military buy stuff that it didn't need nor want, even when the JCS told congress so.

But those congress critters are more worried about maintaining and creating civilian jobs back home in their district and state than about military preparedness or even national security in general. This way those congress critters can go back home to their district and state and tell their constituents they provided so many jobs and kept so many jobs. Please vote for me.

I seen all of this first hand. Stuff sitting in warehouses for 10 or more years, all brand new before being auctioned off by DRMO at a fraction of the original cost. I suppose the bottom line is if congress didn't make the military buy all this stuff that it didn't need nor want, civilian jobs would be lost back in those congress critters districts and states. Better to bring home the pork than cut the military budgets by not making the defense department buy things that aren't going to be used and lose civilian jobs back home. Then the congress critters would be blamed and perhaps not reelected. This goes for both parties.

It's high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first instead of their political party. For way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.