I really wouldn't define us military types as blood thirsty. But I had a good career. I'd say most of us don't want war, hate it. But if it comes or we're sent, we're prepared, ready, trained and will do what is necessary.

I do agree, this, "Thank You for your service," has been way over used to where it has gotten irksome. I really don't know anyone who was in the military that looked at it as being patriotic or as defending god, mother, apple pie and Chevrolet. It was more of protecting and defending your buddies.

That may be different with the all volunteer army of today. I do know patriotism drove a lot into the military after 9-11 or was it the urge for payback.

Anyway, I'm happy, proud of what I accomplished on both active duty and as a Department of the Army Civilian. I wouldn't change a thing in what I did or accomplished.

I think if one can say that regardless of what they do in life, they had a very good life.

But on the other side of the coin, there were times that I wondered if we all weren't just pawns on the global chess board being moved around for whatever reason. But I never worried about things I had no control over or couldn't do anything about.

It's high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first instead of their political party. For way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.