I think you're forgetting that these protests and the violence have occurred in Democratic run cities and states. That the problem within these cities are basically a local problem that can't be solved by the federal government.

The federal government doesn't run the Kenosha, the Minneapolis, the Portland police departments. The federal government doesn't hire people to become police in those cities and they don't tell the different police department how to function or fund them. The city and state do that.

Only the local government in these cities can solve their own unique problems with the police. Stopping the violence is first the Mayor's and the cities problem. If they can't then the Mayor can request assistance from the governor which has the tools to stop the violence. Then the city, the Mayors, city government can address reforms in their own police departments.

If the governor can't handle it, then he can request federal assistance. Which so far as I know hasn't happened.

I know, being an election year blaming Trump and or Biden is what politicians running for office do. It's what political parties do, they blame the other party. But in short, yes, I think being a law and order candidate as an incumbent in this unique case can work. At least in the states where the violence is occurring. The narrowing of Biden's lead shows this. Nationwide, that's another matter.

I don't think Trump has the finesse to play the law and order card effectively or properly. So it could backfire on him. He just isn't political savvy enough. He's like a bull in a China Shop.

It's high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first instead of their political party. For way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.