Perhaps the hope is to fix things like a Sanders or a Warren would want. Perhaps it is just to get American back to normalcy, to sanity. I personally would have preferred a fresh young face instead of a 77 year old who's been around since Christ was a Corporal.

That wasn't to be. I'm perfectly happy voting for a washed-up moderate Democrat. There were some in that field I wouldn't have voted for. I'd have taken the third party option one more time.

But you can't please everyone. As for Obama, I don't blame him for Trump. I'd place the blame Hillary herself for being so lazy on the campaign scene, ceding the campaign trail to Trump big time and letting him out work her. She had the most inept campaign strategy this side of G.H.W. Bush's 1982 campaign when he gave the impression he didn't care if he won or lost.

One could blame the Democrats in nominating Hillary in the first place, but that was their decision and they have to live with it.

It's high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first instead of their political party. For way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.