Originally Posted by Greger
LOL...You're more conservative than me, Pero, but I don't think I'd call you a "righty".

Near as I can tell Rick isn't even a "lefty". He's a liberal who trends progressive. You, Pero, I'd judge to be a moderate who trends liberal.

Yeah, that's why I got a big kick out of that. There's no doubt I'm left on most social issues. I used to call myself a fiscal conservative and a social liberal. But the GOP isn't fiscal conservative anymore, other than rhetoric which is meaningless. Their actions are the same as the Democrats, only the Democrats are honest about it. I suppose I would classify it as Republicans, low taxes and spend, spend, spend. Democrats raise taxes and spend, spend, spend.

So I'm slowly moving over toward the Democratic side on fiscal policy. I was one who adamantly opposed Trump's tax cuts. But for me, being fiscally responsible is not spending more than you take in. But since the Democrats comes the closest to that, I'll side with them on most fiscal issues also. I'm all for Biden's proposed tax increase.

I think one of the big differences between us is I like to go slow, trying to keep as many people in their comfort zone as possible. You seem to like gigantic leaps which throws a lot of folks out of their comfort zone and in the next election, you pay the price by losing it.

Since I'm also involved in election forecasts, I tend to look at things, issues, more as a political strategist than any normal person would. Slow and steady was pretty much the Democratic Party's mantra between 1955-1994 when they controlled the house for 40 straight years. Even in 1964, civil rights bill and the 1965 voting rights act, the Democrats had a 115 seat majority and could afford to lose 50 seats, which they did and still have a 65 seat majority.

Let's say a time for everything.

It's high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first instead of their political party. For way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.